If you are looking for something fun to do with the kids while they are off this summer, I highly recommend getting them over toto have fun making their own music CD or video. I met the owner of 2BU Studios, Cathy Wolfson, this year and I just love her business. There is so much fun to be had at her place.
Built as an entertainment playground, the studio offers your kids the chance to be a rock star. With a full recording studio and green screen video room, the kids will have a blast singing their favorite songs and walking home with a music CD and/or video.
Cathy invited my kids and I out to the studio to try it and we had a blast. The kids were a little shy or nervous about “performing” at first but they got into it. The studio has some great video “producers” who encourage the kids to break out of their shell. If you had a large group of kids this wouldn’t be an issue but with just the three of us, it took a moment for the kids to get into acting goofy with Mom.
2BU Studios also offers kids the opportunity to make their own comic book, if they just don’t want to perform.
2BU Studios is offering some 3-hour Mini Summer Camps that sound awesome for kids 6 years old and up. Kids can sign up to make their own Zombie Movie, Record Their Own Podcast, Star in Their Own Comic Book, and even make their own song or TV commercial parody. The 3-hour camp only costs $40! That’s a lot of fun for the price.
Here’s the coolest part. 2BU Studios offers programs for kids with special needs, so literally every family can come and have a good time.
2BU Studios is definitely a unique place to host your kids’ birthday party or take a Scouting or Adventure Guide group. But I thought a visit to the multimedia studio could also be a great way to have some family fun and create memories.
Here were some ideas I had for family projects.
- Instead of writing your Holiday newsletter this year, make a family video asking each family member to share their highlights of the past year. Upload it to YouTube and share it with family and friends.
- Make a video for Dad’s birthday with the kids singing and dancing. A very funny gift!
- If you have a big family event coming up – anniversary, family reunion, wedding, milestone birthday, etc. – why not video friends and family sharing some of their memories or favorite stories. Have everyone meet at the studio and have a blast.
- Make a video of your family history. Talk about where you came from and show pictures of your ancestors. It would make a fun family gift for everyone.
- Grandma and Grandpa could come in and create a video of them reading their grandkids favorite stories. The studio will help you put some fun graphics in the background using the green screen. It’s a great way to keep in touch with grandkids who live out of town.
- Before the Holidays, have the family sing some Christmas Carols together and then play the video or CD during your family celebration for laughs or send it out to people as a “virtual” Christmas caroling party.
You can check out the 2BU Studios website here, for more information and to book your session. http://2bustudios.com/default.aspx
No Comments - Leave a comment
No comments yet.