The kids and I are cooking up some Halloween treats this weekend. Last year we had great success making Pretzel Ghosts. It’s easy peasy!
1. Put some vanilla chips or almond bark in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Melt vanilla chips according to package directions.
3. Dip or roll the pretzel logs in the melted white goo and stand up to let the candy coating drip down a little.
Don’t eat them yet!
4. Either stand these up in a paper cup to dry or lay flat on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
5. When dry, take black icing (not the gel kind!) and draw ghostly faces on your pretzels with a toothpick or other very small icing tip. You can use cinnamon hearts for noses or any other sprinkles that catch your fancy.
These look so cute all bunched together in a cup on the table. They are a perfect treat for a kids Halloween party.
Here’s a similar idea for Mummy Pretzel Treats.
Would you rather bake a Halloween cake instead? No problem, check out our Scary Rats Eating Cheese … Cake.