With Disney’s Cars 2 movie opening this summer, race cars and race car birthday parties will be a big hit with birthday boys. To make Mom look like a hero, we wanted to share some easy ideas for crafts and activities to host the best race car themed birthday party ever. We also have some gift ideas to share with grandma or Aunt Susie.
Craft Activity Ideas
1. Decorate Your Own Race Car. Your party guests will have a blast decorating their own race car with these Melissa & Doug Wooden Race Car Kits, that we sell at ChocolateCakeClub.com. Paint the cars when the party starts so the paint can dry, then after some of the other activities, you can race them on your driveway for more birthday fun. Not only will it keep the kids amused designing and racing, it also serves as the party favor. A 2-in-1 bonus for Mom! Perfect for ages 4-years-old and up.
2. Design a License Plate. Grab some grey or silver foam sheets as well as foam letters and car stickers at your local craft store. Cut the sheets into a license plate shape by rounding the edges. Then let the kids decorate to their hearts content. You can help them think up some racer names like “Lightening McQueen,” “Red Rocket,” or “Black Thunder.” Or look online for some funny vanity plates and share them with the guests to inspire their creativity. Perfect for ages 3-years-old and up.
3. Draw some Custom Rides. For older boys, they’ll love designing and drawing their own custom rides with the. Add some extra markers or colored pencils and watch the boys design and draw their dream car or motorcycle. Grab some inexpensive frames from the craft store so the boys can take their drawings home. Perfect for ages 8-years-old and up.
Party Games and Activities
4. Obstacle Course Race. Set up traffic cones or other obstacles in the yard. Have the kids line up a starting line and then race each other through the obstacle course. Time them with a stop watch to see which car (kid) is the fastest. Make or grab some racing flags to wave at the start of the race. Depending on how hard you make the obstacle course, this game is perfect for 4-10 year old kids.
5. Driveway Race Track. Ask the party guests to bring their fastest Matchbox, Hot Wheel or other car to race at the party. If you have some race car track, go ahead and set that up for the race but otherwise, read this post on how to create a race course on your driveway for maximum racing fun. Perfect for 3 to 10 year old kids.
6. Build Race Car Treats. Get the kids to create their own party treats out of Zingers or Twinkies. Read the instructions here. Perfect for 4 to 10 year old kids.
Race Car Birthday Gift Ideas
Here are some fun gift ideas that we sell at ChocolateCakeClub.com for your race car enthusiast.
1.. A great gift for a little race car driver. This quilted backpack is easy to carry, easy to wash and can be personalized with the birthday boy’s name. Perfect for a 3 – 5 year old birthday boy.
2. Paint Your Own Race Car Bank. A great rainy day activity, this Paint Your Own Race Car Bank Kit will keep your child amused. He’ll love decorating his room with his creation. Perfect for a 5 to 10 year old kid.
3. Mille Borne Road Race Board Game. I played this game when I was a kid and it is still a load of fun. The goal is to reach 1,000 miles in your “car” but there are obstacles and challenges along the way. This is a very competitive, very fun game. Perfect for ages 8 and up.
4.. If the birthday boy likes art, this is a wonderful art kit to help him custom design cars and motorcycles. Perfect for ages 8 and up.
Have a great party!
No Comments - Leave a comment
No comments yet.