There have been quite a few good posts lately in various blogs about how to save money during the Back-to-School shopping frenzy. I thought I would throw my two cents in. (Even though that isn’t fiscally responsible of me.) I was interviewed in a Chicago Sun Times article last year talking about Back-to-School Bargains and while the article is no longer available online, here are some of the highlights.
- Always have your school supplies list with you. You never know when you’ll run into a bargain somewhere.
- Wait to buy school clothes until after Labor Day. You’ll see more coupons and sales running then.
- Search online for coupons to your favorite stores. There are all kinds of coupon sites out there to help you find a code.
- Check second-hand clothes shops or garage sales for kids clothes. Many times, these clothes were never worn and still have the tag on them.
- Have a neighborhood kids clothes swap.
If you have any additional tips on how to save money for Back-to-School, please share. Want to save 20% on back-to-school gear at www.ChocolateCakeClub.com? Use coupon code BTSBLOG before August 15, 2010. Happy Shopping!
Check out additional budget saving tips here!