For most families we know, school ends either this week or next so the question on every Mom’s mind is “What do we get for the kids’ teachers?” Every year I try to be creative and come up with something unique but most years I end up giving them what they say they really need. I am fortunate enough to have 6 teachers living in my neighborhood so I asked them what they like to get at the end of the year from their students. Here were the top answers, hands down.
1. Book Gift Cards – many teachers have to buy their own books for the classroom so gift cards help to cover that expense for them.
2. Coffee Gift Cards – We’re in a room with 28 loud children every day, need we say more?
3. Target Gift Cards – Hey, many teachers are Moms, too. (This applies for movie ticket certificates, restaurant certificates, and anything that you would appreciate as a gift.)
4. Anything Homemade by the student, especially if they had a nice bond throughout the school year. Notes, photos collages, or a written story were appreciated.
Want some more ideas? Here are some additional gift ideas I’ve come up with and found on various Mom sites.
5. The Mother Huddle blog had some ideas that were nice and most importantly easy to do. I really liked the Joyful Hands soap idea.
6. The Skip to My Lou blog had some great simple ideas for Teacher Appreciation Week that would also work as nice year end gifts. I like the Gift Certificate for a Massage idea.
7. If you have an artist at home, frame one of their masterpieces. My daughter’s teacher is retiring at the end of year so she is going to draw a picture of the teacher’s classroom so she’ll remember it.
8. How about a plant? They last longer than flowers and can be used to lighten up the classroom next year.
9. A box of pretty Thank You Notes. The teachers may want to send a thank you to all of the students for their year end gifts so why not make it easier for them to do so.
10. A movie night package. Grab a recently released DVD, popcorn and some candy so your teacher can have a fun night at home with their family.
Care to add to the list? We’d love to hear more ideas.
For More Teacher’s Gift Ideas: