Friday night rolls around and you want to do something fun with your family, right? However, you’re tired, it’s cold out, and you didn’t plan anything. No worries! Use this list of easy ideas to have some extra special fun with your family this Fall! Best part, you can use whatever you have at home already. No shopping necessary and these ideas work with kids of all ages. Have fun!
1. Disco Dance Night – Turn the dance music up real loud and dance the week’s stress away. Good fun and good exercise.
2. Neighborhood Fire Pit – Put the fire pit on the driveway and have the kids round up the neighbors.
3. Camp in the Great Indoors – Too cold to camp outside? Camp inside. Cook the s’mores in your fireplace.
4. Family Slumber Party – Put the PJs on, get your sleeping bags, and play games.
5. Bring Game Night Back– Get those games out of the closet and rediscover some fun.
6. Family Movie Screening – Make movie night more special by watching yourself on screen. Get out the wedding video or watch the movies you’ve taken over the last few years of the kids and haven’t watched.
7. Wii Tournament – Challenge the family to Bowling, Raving Rabbids, or Mario Kart.
8. Bake cookies – Take turns licking the batter and making some favorite recipes. Bake Holiday cookies, freeze them and have them ready for upcoming Holiday parties. Now that’s organized!
9. Create your Holiday Newsletter – Have everyone write their section for the Holiday newsletter or better yet, film it this year and send out a CD or post the video on YouTube.com. People will love seeing 3-year-old Michael talk.
10. Family Room Picnic – Lay out the blanket, grab your paper plates and eat dinner on the family room floor. A change of routine makes an ordinary dinner seem extraordinary.
What does your family like to do on Friday night to have fun?